Thursday, June 26, 2008

Zai jien

I'm sitting at my place after finishing the last of my work and teaching. Last night I rushed to finish all errands, while I spent the morning walking around in the hot humid heat to get to the post office and grocery store. Naturally, they are in the opposite direction.

This has been a year of so many highs and lows. I have so many good memories from my time here. A few photos too.

What a weird feeling it is to pack up, leave, and say goodbye. I'm still cramming some unexpected gifts into my baggage.

In less than an hour I'll head out to the airport for my late night flight. I guess this is the close of my Taiwan story.


In September I may be starting a new story, and possibly even creating a blog. Time will tell.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

It has been a very entertaining story of a long but rewarding year. We look forward to the next blog but not until after an extended debriefing. I'm on my way to the airport. \o/

ADB said...

I returned to your blog in the wake of the devastation wrought by typhoon Morakot on August 9, 2009; but find that you have left Taiwan two months before. I wish you well for the future, and hope that none of the friends you made in Taiwan were (seriously) affected by the storm and floods.

Elizabeth said...

Thanks ADB. As far as I know, my friends are OK. By the way, it's been over a year since I've lived in Taiwan. After that I moved to Russia, but now I'm back in Canada.

Anonymous said...

Good dispatch and this mail helped me alot in my college assignement. Gratefulness you seeking your information.