Sunday, February 24, 2008

Taichung revisited

The train ride to Taichung was about two hours. I went to visit my friend Lynn from Canada. We worked at Blenz for ages and have plenty of memories about our time there.

When I arrived in Taichung, Lynn and her aunt picked me up. We visited a famous tea spot in Taiwan called Rose House. British decor and roses galore. It smells wonderful in there, and the food and drinks are so good.

After that we strolled some quaint street shops nearby. Then we visited the massive Tunghai University. Here's a popular sight, the Luce Memorial Chapel. It was created by the same architect who designed the Louvre Pyramid.



After that we got massages for an hour.


We went to a really good Italian restaurant for dinner. I always have room for milk tea, and so we then headed to a famous bubble tea place. It's very old and filled with BBT history.


Night lights:


Lynn and I went to a lounge with good drinks, chill music, and stylish decor. We tried using a hookah with strawberry flavour. Such fun.


I stayed at the hotel Lynn's family runs. Lynn and her family spoiled me. What a good weekend!

I left Taichung early the next morning because I wanted to take the train to Taipei and arrive at a decent hour. It's a three hour ride, which is considered crazy long by Taiwanese standards.

A few lantern displays in Taipei:


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

How great you got to see her! Mmm, massages . . . You deserve a good spoiling!