Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Problematic guidelines

One of my lesson plan guidelines includes questions to ask the students about a story in our textbook. The story is about a cat and dog, and the dog is hiding in a pile of leaves. The cat is looking for the dog, and the dog jumps from the leaf pile - only the position of the animals in the picture is slightly suggestive. A student noticed and commented on such. Luckily, the other students didn't hear her and we were able to move on. "What did the cat want to do?" The suggested questions would only have egged her on.

I bought a Burt's Bees bug bite relief stick today. Every night when I'm finishing my marking, I get bitten by the resident mosquitoes. None of my bites are itching at the moment so I can't test the ointment out yet. It has the scent of lemongrass, thyme, lavender, and orange, which makes me want to test it out anyway.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

It seems to me that the cat would be more likely to be hiding rather than the dog. Our dogs would be trying to get to the cat. :D

Mr. Yowley really misses Felicity for an unexpected reason: he is now the lone focus of Serena's attention, but he is getting used to it. If possible, he is even more affectionate.

BTW, all four came for their treat yesterday.

Anonymous said...

Mmm, Burt's Bees . . .

Elizabeth said...

It does smell good. It'd be nice if it worked too.