Wednesday, August 8, 2007

Another typhoon interferes with my plans!

Due to the second typhoon approaching Taiwan - Wutip - our field trip has been postponed :( My poor lesson plans are all messed up now. I must tend to them tonight.

Pabuk has already crossed over the Southern tip of the island, and the forecast for Wutip, at the moment, shows it as potentially traveling through the middle of the island. The last forecast wasn't very accurate, so I guess I'll just have to wait and see what happens over the next two or three days.


When I left work today, I actually saw blue sky. How strange, because the skies here are often grey.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Tropical Storm Risk "continues to anticipate the 2007 Northwest Pacific typhoon season will see activity near-norm."

http://forecast.mssl.ucl.ac.uk/shadow/tracker/dynamic/main.html

Is that good news?

One category 1 and two TS (tropical storms) made landfall in Taiwan in July and August last year, so maybe you're getting it all over and done with.

Anonymous said...

I found a more relevant typhoon update and info page at tealit.com

http://www.tealit.com/article_categories.php?section=weather&article=typhoon

Elizabeth said...

Thanks for the links!