Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Lights, camera, action!

The school wanted to videotape a few of my classes today so that they can show the ever curious parents the teaching model the school uses. Having the class recorded was good for me in some ways because the kids were better behaved. I didn't say that they were well behaved, but better. Maybe I should ask to have a video camera in class everyday.

A boy in my class had a loose tooth this morning, and it was out of his mouth by early afternoon. He thought it was quite funny to pull on his baby tooth, then twist it all the way around, while it was only connected by a tiny string-like nerve. Showing me his bloody finger was like the cherry on top.

One student slapped a press-on tattoo on my wrist when I wasn't looking. Now I have a sparkly, blue-haired girl on my wrist. She only has one leg though, because the tattoo didn't stick fully.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Remind me, the video camera on the school bus which was meant to be a deterrent was completely ineffective in that capacity, right?

Remember when Shane swallowed his tooth and didn't realize it?

Does she look anything like our one-legged neighbour?

Elizabeth said...

I forgot about the bus camera. For several kids in my class, I know a camera would stop their misbehaviour.

Yep.

Our neighbour isn't sparkly with blue hair, so not really.