Friday, August 10, 2007

School BBQ

There were 5-6 grills for that many groups of kids, teachers, and staff to barbecue an assortment of foods. It rained intermittently, but we were under a sheltered area that was just big enough to cover us.

Charcoal on the grill, then torch it!I ate at the vegetarian station. I didn't like some of this kabob because it is mostly imitation meat. One kabob is very filling.
There were a lot of different kinds of meats being barbecued, but here's a sampling:


The man in the yellow is riding his scooter to Niagra Falls.


For Happy Kitchen we made lemonade.
A co-worker later gave me the same drink. The same, except that this one is The Tea of Cool, Craving, Content. With a slogan like that, I know which one tastes better. Forgive the blurry picture & its taker!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The concept of fake meat is so baffling: if one does not want to eat meat, why would one want imitation meat?

Clearly scooter man is headed to the Canadian side, the Goat Island Horseshoe Falls.

Okay, I will see lemonade in a new light now that I know all its properties.

Elizabeth said...

A lot of people here who are veg heads are so because they're Buddhists, not because they dislike the taste, I guess.