Thursday, August 23, 2007

'Broadway' Theatre

I left work an hour early today to go to Hsinchu with several co-workers. We went to a performance put on by some of the students who attend two branches of our school in Hsinchu. We took the fastest of the three regular types of trains.

The train station in Hsinchu is the oldest one:We had some time to kill, so we visited Burger King before catching a cab to our destination.
The plays:
-Seven Foolish Fishermen
-Romeo and Juliet
-Jack and the Magic Harp
-A Mid-Summer Night's Dream (fairy below)

The plays were over by nine, but by the time we got back to the train station, we realized that we'd need to wait until 10:30 for the train we wanted. On top of that, we caught the slow local train back. I don't think I got back to my place until midnight. All of us were pooped, and dreading waking up early for work on Friday.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Such a l-o-n-g day! Cute costumes. Makes me want to sew. (Need to go to Dresseau next time I'm in Vancouver.)

There are blue bins and the gray bins on the street; what is the difference?

Elizabeth said...

I don't recall!