Friday, July 6, 2007

Hospital carnage

During my lunch break I went to Li Shin Hospital for a health check-up. Here's my arm after having my blood drawn. The gimp in my hand has nothing to do with the bloodwork.
When I went to get an x-ray, the doctor said "Take off your underwear." He meant that I had to go change into a gown before my x-ray, but it was funny for that to be the first thing someone you don't know say to you.

For my general health doctor check-up, I walked into the room and sat down next to the doctor, who was already in there. He didn't say a thing, he just used his stethoscope and listened to the right, then left side of my chest. Then he used his red pen to cross off an array of potential diseases on my medial record. I pointed to the bug bites on my legs, but he just looked at me vacantly and pointed to the door. I left. Very strange, very funny.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Liz!!

It sounds like you're enjoying yourself in Taiwan. Homesick yet? I hope not! Why did you need to do a health check up? Was it something the school required you to do?

I wonder if you've met Jenn's friend (who's apparently teaching English in Zhongli too). By the way, Jenn's last day is Saturday. Just some fyi! Anyway, I'm looking forward to read more about what you've been up to in your blog!

Take care,
Lynn

Elizabeth said...

Lynn, thanks for posting comments :)))

Are you still working two jobs? And, only one semester of school after this, right?

I am enjoying it here in Taiwan. My first couple of days, I was definetly homesick. I expect it'll come and go in bouts.

What's the name of Jenn's friend? Thanks for the fyi. Any new workers at Blenz?

Keep in touch & let me know when you come to Taiwan so we can hang out!