Friday, July 6, 2007

Scooter!

I went for a ride on a scooter today. At first I was worried about falling off, but it was actually quite easy to balance myself. The traffic and driving here are crazy. Road rules aren't strictly enforced, and I'm not sure if there are any safety regulations. Well, everyone on a scooter has to wear a helmet, so there's one that people follow.

One of the lecturers at teacher training described the traffic light system here:
A green light means, drive through the intersection at a high speed.
A yellow light means, drive though the intersection at a very high speed.
A red light means, drive through the intersection at a high speed, while honking your horn.

I took this picture while I was on the scooter:

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like Mexican rules.