Saturday, July 21, 2007

Stores and streets in Zhongli

Interesting name for a store:This one, uhhhh...
On my day off today I went for a walk. I came across the waiting area for the free shuttle to the department store Sogo, and I decided to go there to have a look about. I had to wait around 30-45 minutes to catch a shuttle. When I got on, I was handed a ticket. Oh no! I don't know what this means! I later realized that it was just to keep track of the number of people on the shuttle. Strangely though, I didn't get one on the shuttle back. I was the 24th person in line both trips.

I didn't end up buying anything from Sogo. The department store has many mini-stores inside, with staff in each store, and no walls to separate the shops. I prefer the old shopping district with the stores scattered all over the place.
Here's a roadway near where I live. It continues underground. The side lanes are for scooters. I've been through the tunnel on a scooter, and the view reminded me of a video game because of the narrowness, and curve of the tunnel.

Deception! It turns out that Anna Sui is not cheaper than Maybelline. Anna S, is though. I'm thinking that the latter may be an imitation product.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

More crazy names for your list. A free shopping shuttle, always enjoyable, but no-go at Sogo? On the shuttles were you right behind Jim Carrey, person #23?

Imitation is the sincerest, and less expensive, form of flattery.

The air looks cleaner than I thought it might and the city looks very interesting.

Elizabeth said...

Everywhere, everywhere, the number 24 follows me!

The city is interesting and there is a lot to look at. Neon signs all over the place, shops with character (i.e. dirty), people on scooters, and walking on the street.