Sunday, July 22, 2007

Kindergarten graduation

This morning I had to get up early to help decorate the theatre where the kindergarten graduation ceremony was to be held.

Some buildings across the street:
The stage:
First the graduation ceremony, then the students performed a play/dance. There was a bubble machine, costumes, and glow sticks for the audience near the end. Closest thing to a kindergarten rave.

All was over by noon, which was followed by clean-up time. All the staff and their family went to a buffet for lunch. The food was a combination of Western and Japanese.
The blue and red in the following picture is the symbol for recycling in Taiwan. The hand-drawn Es are an example of what the symbols look like on a chart for eye exams. When I had one done here I didn't know that I was supposed to point which direction the legs were pointed, and I said "backward e."

P.S. At the ceremony I was sitting on a chair behind row 24. Just sayin'.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Where does the time go? They grow up so quickly. *sniff* I remember the olden days when upon completion of Kindergarten one was quietly and unceremoniously promoted to Grade One. No bubbles, costumes or anything at all rave-ish. A combination lunch is always enjoyable.

Number 24, huh? Sounds like a good title for the sequel.