Thursday, July 26, 2007

Paper & Water Museum

Our outing began with a bus ride to Taipei. Robots, in Mandarin, was on the TV screen. I listened to the trailers in English though. Guess Who, Fever Pitch, and Night Watch (?).

First stop: the SuHo Paper Museum. We were not allowed to take pictures inside the first three floors of the museum. So, my only pictures are of the fourth floor where we made paper.

Everyone got to make a sheet of paper to take home.

Next stop was the newly opened Taipei Water Park. The kids played in pools and sprinklers for most of the time. Before we left, we did stop in at the Museum of Drinking Water, which is on the grounds. The building is nearly 100 years old, and is rooted in the history of Taiwan's public drinking water supply. The museum is inside the pump house.
Another tour that I couldn't understand.

Taken from the bus, here are some police scooters!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Speaking of your elementary school field trips, do you remember making paper at Granville Island? With instructions in English. :D

A Museum of Drinking Water is not what you might find at the top of a tourist's dream list of sights to see but I have found that many of my best travel memories are of the unexpected, although this one doesn't exactly sound like it belongs in that category, especially if you couldn't understand it.

Elizabeth said...

I do vaguely remember making paper on Granville Island. Actually, the only thing I remember is the size and appearance of the paper I got to take home.

The Museum of Drinking Water was very small, so at least I didn't have to wait long inside the hot building. Glad I got to go though. Beforehand I'd read the info about the history of drinking water on the museum's website, so maybe I didn't miss out on much after all.